Grandma Erin was over-the-moon when her daughter gave birth to her second grand-baby. Ellery was her name.
Little Ellery was the quietest baby Grandma Erin had ever seen. She swore that baby came out silently, wearing a tiny coy smile.
But by the time Ellery turned three, she was quite the chatterbox. And the things she came up with? Simply hilarious.
Grandparents shared the funniest things that their grandchildren have told them.
Here’s what they said:
1. “Hey Grandma, why don’t you and Grandpa have names like the rest of us?”
2. One day I watched my two grandsons, ages 6 and 3, while my daughter had her hair done. When she arrived home the 6-year-old told her how beautiful she looked. Then he looked back at me and said, “And Gramma, you look almost beautiful.”
3. When my granddaughter was 4, I told her she was growing up too fast and needed to slow down. “But it isn’t my fault, Grammy,” she replied. “It’s my mom’s fault. She keeps giving me all those birthday parties.”
4. I once asked my grandson if he knew what his whole name was. Proudly he stated, “Fred Robert Lorimer Come Here.”
5. My 3-year-old granddaughter, Eva, came into the kitchen and said, “Old lady, would you help me wipe my hands?” I was taken aback and my daughter asked her why she called me that. Eva answered, “Well, she calls me ‘young lady.'”
6. My newly potty-trained granddaughter was in a public restroom when she heard the person next to her start to tinkle. She clapped her hands and shouted in encouragement, “Yeah, lady!”
7. My 3-year-old granddaughter and I were talking on the phone but I couldn’t make out all that she was saying so I kept asking, “What?” until finally, exasperated, she said, “Grandma, you’re not listening loud enough!”