Who can say “no” to an ooey-gooy, mouthwatering dessert? In this video from AWM, in a few simple steps, we learn how to make America’s classic pie into a cupcake!
Follow these steps to make your own delicious treats:
To create the apple pie filling:
- On medium heat, coat your pan with a layer of 2 tbs of butter
- Dice 4 small (or 2 large) granny smith apples and add to the simmering pan
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add 2 tbs brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt
- Cook for 5 more minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup flour, and 2 tbs cubed butter
For the crisp apple pie crust:
- Open your tube of cinnamon rolls and flatten the contents
- Mold the flattened pieces into a greased cupcake tin
- Fill the tin compartments with the apple pie filling
- Bake the cupcakes for 10-12 minutes in a 400°F oven
- Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes
- Top with optional whipped cream and caramel sauce
What a unique twist on a favorite dessert. These apple pie cupcakes are to die for. I bet you can’t stop at just one!
Share and enjoy.