Joke submitted by reader Steven B.
A woman called her telephone company to complain that her phone no longer rang when her friends called. On top of that, her dog would act strangely during the rare times the phone would ring. You’ll never guess what the problem was.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady. He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber’s house. The phone didn’t ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring. Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found…..
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system’s ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
…..Which goes to show that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.
Chuckled? Share this post using the buttons below.